I have more than twenty (20) years of relevant Program & Strategy Management, Corporate & Business Planning, Sales & Marketing, Service Level Management, Enterprise Risk Management & Sustainability Development, Youth Economic Empowerment, Project Management, Access Planning, Engineering, & Optimization, Training, and Human Resource Development experience in large telecom operators, system integrators, IT-enabled services, service utilities (power and water generation), and academic institutions building partnerships and high-level stakeholder management.
I am presently teaching as a Graduate Professor in the University of the Philippines – Manila and consistently awarded as Outstanding Professor for 9-consecutive years (from 2013 to 2022). I am a strong advocate of youth economic empowerment, decent work, gender equality, and inclusion, while being responsible for identifying opportunities for collaboration between UP Manila Graduate Program and other institutions.
Recently awarded as 1st Gawad Dangal Filipino Awards 2022 as Most Empowered Filipino Consultant & Outstanding Man of the Year; Asia’s Modern Hero Awards 2023 as Heroes’ Exemplary Empowered Man of Achievements and Remarkable Leader of the Year; Southeast Asian Achievement Award as Multi-Awarded Exemplary Educator and Outstanding Filipino Consultant of the Year 2022; Dakilang Filipino Awards 2023 as Multi-Awarded Most Exemplary Leader and Empowered Man of the Year; 4th APAETI Guro Excellence Award 2023 for Asia Pacific Most Outstanding Educator and Asia Pacific Most Outstanding Professional; 5th Dangal ng Lahi Awards 2023 as Philippines’ Man of Achievements and Most Outstanding Engineer and Professor of the Year; 7th Asia Pacific Luminare Awards as Asia’s Man of Caliber and Most Significant Educator and Consultant to name a few.
Currently working as the Vice President for Risk & Sustainability under Vivant Corporation handling power, water, infrastructure and holding companies. I previously worked as the Assistant Vice President for Human Resource at Fly Ace Holdings Incorporation from January 2021 to May 2022; then as Assistant Vice President and Head of Strategy Management and Corporate Planning from September 2014 to March 2020, reporting directly to the President and Chief Executive Officer of the NTT Ltd. Philippines (formerly DTSI Group), an NTT Group company. As the Head of Corporate Planning, I developed and managed the overall company strategy and execution plan alongside all the Executive Committee members and Business Unit Heads. Aside from this, I also led the Marketing Management, Quality Management Systems, and Customer Experience Management including Service Desk Management and Program Management.
Prior to joining NTT Ltd. Philippines, I worked with Globe Telecoms for ten years as Head of Radio Network Engineering, Broadband Service Level Management, New Technologies and Emerging Devices, Capacity Management and Business Intelligence, Service Level Management and Quality Assurance, and Program & Strategy Management for Consumer Enterprise Business Groups. Before Globe Telecom, I had three years of RF Optimization and Site Acquisition experience as Senior Engineer in Smart Communications. During my professional career, I built a reputation for an excellent organizational capacity demonstrated in ability to prioritize high volume workloads; exceptionally develop and present oral reports and presentations; efficiently schedule and delegate tasks, clearly deliver technical and non-technical communications that concentrate on details. Fosters open communication and works collaboratively with others to drive results and anchors new ideas on customer needs and translates this into business recurring results.
I have extensive understanding of economics and information technology trends, their impact on business operations and strategies, and their implications for top / senior management in creating and sustaining competitive advantage and transforming business. Analytical, innovative, results-oriented, highly motivated, hard working with commitment to excellence, and a team leader with above average interpersonal skills. An effective communicator both written and oral. Skilled trainer with proven ability to facilitate trainings; creates guidelines and re-engineering processes, has perfectly established contacts and interfaces and can easily adapt to changing circumstances. Fosters open communication and works collaboratively with others to drive results. Anchors new ideas on customer needs and translates this into business recurring results.
I obtained my Bachelor of Science degree in Electronics and Communications Engineering from the Polytechnic University of the Philippines (Silver Medalist & Most Outstanding Scholar) and I am a licensed Electronics and Communication Engineer (2001) and Professional Electronics and Communications Engineer (2012). I also hold a master’s degree in Management major in Business Management from University of the Philippines – Manila with a GWA of 1.05 out of 1.0 and a consistent University Scholar. And completed a Doctorate degree in Business Administration in Pamantasan ng Lungsod ng Maynila with GWA of 1.05 out of 1.0 and as a consistent University Scholar (pending completion of dissertation).
- Environmental Advocacy to educate and teach ALL my students the framework and concept of Sustainable Development in our daily lives. Part of our research activity is to identify solutions to various gaps in business operations and incorporating the sustainability frameworks.
- Joined various Green Initiatives liked the tree planting activity with Haribon Foundation at Mt. Batolusong, Tanay, Rizal and planted 1,250 tibig and narra seedlings, Basura of BAIyong in partnership with WAB created eco-friendly weaving products out of sustainable materials.
- Started the VolunTourism through our efforts to clean coastal areas every time we travel to the beach all over the countries. We bring with us reusable net bags (or bayong) and as of to date was able to help remove 2,460 kilos of trash – our chance to make a difference.
- My personal environmental advocacy includes Seven Ways To Heal The Planet: (1) Support Local Businesses, (2) Energy Conservation, (3) Recycling Consciously, (4) Sustainable Education, (5) People Before Profits, (6) Random Acts of Kindness, and (7) Creating More Jobs
- Active in church as the Auditor and Education Coordinator Ministry of Lectors and Commentators and Bible Ministry Coordinator, Parish Pastoral Council, and Former Member, San Roque Parish Church Choir Group and Legion of Mary in San Roque Parish Church in Pasay City.
- Yearly gather friends to support my advocacies to help elders from San Lorenzo Ruiz Home for the Elders & Hospicio de San Jose; or organizes Fund Raising Projects to support victims of natural calamities like typhoon, earthquake, etc.
- Religiously joined Fun Run to support various causes like Get Fit with FinLit (for financial literacy), MNL City Run (a charity run for mental wellness), KasaysaRun (for historical awareness), Global Walk (for scholarship of poor but deserving students around the country) and others.
- A full marathoner – completed the 42.195km during The Bull Runner Dream Marathon last February 2019 and won various competition in Men’s and Mixed Badminton, Individual and Team Bowling Tournament
- Providing free (pro-bono) training, education, workshop, consulting, etc., to start-up and growing small and medium companies locally to help their business grows and to create more jobs to many Filipinos (like A+ Lending Corporation, Actuate Builders, etc.)
- Manages some of my own businesses such as Engineering, Training & Development, and Business Consulting, and Property Leasing using sustainability efforts such as waste management (using soft copies, recycling, and upscaling, etc.), emission reduction (using solar panels), etc.
- Resource Speaker for various local and international events such NTT Global Marketing Summit in Chamonix, Mont Blanc, France in 2019, NTT Marketing Summit in Tokyo, Japan in 2019, 2018 Manila International Conference on NGOs on History and Peace, etc.
- Various partnership and collaborations with governments and academic institutions (like PUP, University of Makati, Pamantasan ng Lungsod ng Maynila, De La Salle University, etc.) to share knowledge and innovation in the field of education, technology, and management.
- With the recent recognition by the Asia Awards powered by World Research Congress as the Asia’s Young Achiever Awardee, I am extremely honored to be receiving such an important award. I am earnestly grateful for the recognition I have received for my work because I am very sure that every other nominee for this award was as capable if not more, of winning this award.
I have faced several challenges on my way here, but each one of them has only strengthened me to make me the person I am today; a thorough professional who knows exactly what he wants; someone who sets his eyes on a goal and does not lose sight of it, unless it is achieved. Winning this award would not have been possible without the inspiration I have received from my family, my love ones, my mentors, and my colleagues, for whom I have the deepest respect, and from whom I have derived the strength to challenge myself and perform better at each stage.
I sincerely thank each one of you - Daddy Tom, Nanay May, Fhol, CJ, the Harilla and Enriquez family, and all my friends for helping me reach a stage where I can proudly hold up the award as a mark of my achievement. I also promise to only get better at my craft and be an inspiration to many. On a closing note, all I want to tell, is that you should never, never, never give up, even if you are convinced that it’s all over. It’s not over unless you want it to be, and a true example of this is me, getting this great recognition. Thank you very much!